Mobility Scooters Buying Guide
The UK specialists in mobility solutions Click HERE to see our huge range of scooters
Mobility scooters offer you a great deal of independence. There are different types available and prices can range from under £400 to over £5,000.
Our staff will help to guide you to a scooter that’s comfortable, easy to use and suited to the tasks you want to use it for. We have over 50 mobility scooters and powerchairs in our Showroom, based in Lewes, in Sussex, for you to try before you buy.
Type of Mobility Scooter?
For ease of navigation, we have divided our scooters into easy to navigate categories:
- Folding Transportable scooters are lightweight, compact scooters that fold down into the size of a suitcase. Many do this automatically by remote control, making them very easy to transport and ideal as travel scooters.
- Transportable by Disassembly scooters are great for short trips out, going shopping or visiting friends. They disassemble into manageable parts, drastically cutting down on the weight that needs to be lifted at one time and easily fitting into most car boots.
- 4-6 MPH scooters are sturdy, slightly larger scooters with a maximum speed of either 4 or 6 mph. They’re fitted with larger more powerful batteries, often have larger and comfier seats, and are good for long distances or journeys on-pavements (4mph) or pavements/roads (6mph).
- 8 MPH scooters are generally the largest and most comfortable scooters, and fully equipped with lights and indicators for on-road use. They usually have a good range and pneumatic tyres, and some come with a roof or canopy.
- Off Road scooters are large, robust and powerful machines that are as happy off-road as they are on it. They generally have high power, reinforced motors and some are capable of 12MPH in an off-road environment!
What type of Mobility Scooter is right for me?
A 4-6 MPH mobility scooter may be a better choice if you’re looking for faster speed, increased comfort, and a wider travelling distance.
A 8 MPH scooter would be the right purchase for you if you’re looking to travel long distances from home at a good pace, and do so in comfort.
Off-Road scooters are perfect for those that live in rural areas or for users that regularly find themselves off road, either for business or pleasure.
Due to their size and weight, pavement and 6-8 MPH mobility scooters are ideal for anyone with the space, whether inside or outdoors, to store the scooter, while travel mobility scooters are compact and light enough to be broken down and packed away.
What to consider when buying a Mobility Scooter?
If you struggle with movement and a lack of strength in your arms you may want to consider buying a scooter with an easy-to-control delta tiller system. If you’re looking for ease of access a scooter with a swivel seat and adjustable armrests may be best for you. Looking to travel at night? Then a scooter with lights and reflectors is your safest option.
The variation in options is endless, which is why you need to think about what’s important to you and ideally take advantage of our professional, impartial advice.
What else might I need?
We stock a wide range of Scooter Accessories that can improve your driving experience and protect your mobility scooter.
Everything from Lights, reflectors, bags, covers, cushions, alarms & ramps can be purchased to help you enjoy the ride.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03442 161616