Adjustable Beds are designed to make your life safer and more comfortable, while still being beautiful and well-made pieces of furniture.
Our expert staff will help to guide you to a bed that’s comfortable, safe and ideally suited to your sleep needs. We have all of our adjustable beds on display and available for you to try in our Showroom, based in Lewes, Sussex.
What is an Adjustable Bed?
An adjustable bed has a surface known as a ‘profile’ made from 4 linked sections that can be adjusted up and down to raise the head or the legs. This can help greatly with circulation and general comfort, as well as being a useful aid to getting in and out of bed. The profile sections are operated using a remote control which activates low voltage actuators (electric motors) attached to the underneath of the bed.
Benefits of an Adjustable Bed
- An adjustable bed will give you a fully adjustable surface to lay on, letting you raise or lower your head and legs at the touch of a button.
- The seperate head and leg sections of an adjustable bed are independently adjustable from the handset, meaning you can always find the comfiest position for you.
- General comfort, posture and circulation can be gradually improved, water retention problems can be reduced and pain from spinal curvature can be more easily mitigated
Types of Adjustable Bed?
For ease of navigation, we have divided our adjustable beds into easy to navigate categories:
- Our Adjustable Range of beds are a range of beautiful, quality, adjustable profiling beds with independent head and leg raisers that operate from a handheld remote control.
These beds are designed to aid in comfortable sleep and to make getting in and out of bed safer and easier.
These beds are available in wooden framed bases and fabric-covered divan options, in many different colours and patterns and with a choice of headboard. These beds are all available in multiple single and double bed sizes.
- The Homecare Range of beds is designed to provide the safest possible home sleeping solution. These robust beds have cot sides that can be raised and lowered to ensure the user isn’t at risk of falls. The height of the bed itself is adjustable via handheld remote control to make sure getting in and out of bed is always done as safely and easily as possible. These beds are available in single bed sizes only, and fold in half for storage when not in use.
What type of Adjustable Bed is right for me?
Are you looking to purchase an adjustable bed to make your life safer and much more comfortable, but want it to seamlessly match your existing decor and look like a regular bed then an Adjustable Range bed is the best option for you.
A Homecare Range bed is probably the right choice if the user may need daily carer assistance to get in and out of bed, these beds are often found in residential care homes and designed with function over form to ensure the safest, easiest to use system possible.
What to consider when buying an Adjustable Bed
There are a huge range of different bed lengths, widths and mattresses available for all of our beds. The options available for each bed are listed on our individual product pages.
Height adjustable options
Many people find that they need a specific height of bed, and this can be easily and inexpensively accommodated on many by fitting appropriate height wooden legs. These can be specified over the phone or you can come and see us at our showroom and try our demonstration beds if you are unsure of the exact height you require.
Beds can also be fitted with lifter system. All of our Homecare Range have lifters built in to their design as standard, and our Adjustable Range can have a universal lifter added as an option. A bed that has a lifter and can be adjusted for height has a number of advantages:
- Raising and lowering the bed height is very beneficial for users with limited mobility when getting into and out of bed.
- The lowered height is ideal for wheelchair users to transfer from bed to chair and vice versa
- In order to meet the criteria for a home carer, a variable height bed is often specified as a requirement to mitigate the amount of lifting by the carer.
What else might I need?
We stock a wide range of bed accessories that can improve your ease and comfort.
We keep everything from grab rails, monkey bars and fitted ‘safety’ sheets in stock.
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 03442 161616