Kymco, Maxi XLS Mobility Scooter
3 yr Motability contract payable every 4 weeks £112.76
A large, safe and stable scooter capable of carrying up to 28 stone.
Featuring the same excellent build quality as its smaller sibling, this large scooter features a big Captain’s seat with excellent leg room and a wide seat for taller or larger users. It has bright LED lights and indicators as standard, plus a large front basket and an optional large rear shopping basket. The suspension has a particularly long stroke and the pneumatic tyres are large, allowing for bumps and drop-kerbs to be soaked up easily and efficiently.
A brilliant scooter for the larger user or someone who enjoys having space to spare.
*This product is VAT exempt if purchased to aid with a disability or chronic illness – for further details please click here*
|Length||145cm / 57 inches|
|Width||67cm / 26.5 inches|
|Maximum range||35 miles / 56km|
|Maximum speed||8mph / 13kmh|
|Maximum user weight||28 stone / 177kg / 390lbs|
The Kymco Maxi XLS 8mph mobility scooter is the newest version of the highly successful Maxi XL. This is a high performance scooter is packed full of features that you would expect from Kymco at their best.
There is an extremely comfortable, fully adjustable seat to support you on your journey, the level of comfort is added to by the large 12″ pneumatic tyres and the all-round, fully adjustable suspension system to iron out those bumps and lumps of rougher terrain. Aided of course, by the very respectable 4″ of ground clearance.
There are bright LED lights front and rear, which are low consumption units that draw very little power from the batteries. The Kymco Maxi XLS mobility scooter also comes with a comfort grip delta control at the tiller head that many find more comfortable than standard handlebar type grips; the delta tiller is ideal for those with arthritis in the hands or issues with grip.
Useful Links For Scooter Users
We’d always recommend that you visit us and try a scooter before buying, or let us bring one to you for you to try. If that’s not possible, or you’re outside our service area, we have put together some buying guides that may help you choose the scooter that’s right for you.
- Our own useful overview buying guide for Mobility Scooters can be located here: Orange Badge Mobility Scooter Buying Guide
We’ve also collated some great guides and information for those that may want more in-depth information on their prospective scooters.
- RiDC Advice on which type of scooter tiller & controls may best suit your needs can be found HERE
- Advice on types of scooter and their stability, again by RiDC can be located HERE
- A guide by RiDC about travelling with your mobility scooter is found HERE
- A handy scooter guide for those clients eligible for the motability scheme can be found HERE
- The British Healthcare Trades Association has put together a great list on how to prepare your scooter for transport aboard a flight HERE