TGA, Maximo Plus Mobility Scooter
Despite being road legal, the Maximo Plus is a super-modern and light folding scooter that can be easily transported in the boot of a larger car.
It delivers a smooth and comfortable ride thanks to it’s pneumatic tyres, advanced mono-shock suspension and modern chassis, and the lightweight lithium battery pack lets it travel up to 15 miles on a single charge. The Bosun’s seat is well padded and adjustable for legroom and bright all-around LED lights make sure you have great visibility and are visible in return.
An easily removed, super-light lithium battery pack with it’s own charge point lets you leave the scooter in a car boot and only take the battery pack in for recharging.
*This product is VAT exempt if purchased to aid with a disability or chronic illness – for further details please click here*
|Length||120cm / 47 inches|
|Width||60cm / 23inches|
|Maximum range||12.5 miles / 20 km|
|Maximum speed||6mph / 9.6kmh|
|Maximum user weight||21 stone / 134kg / 294lbs|
Introducing the TGA Maximo Plus 6MPH mobility scooter, the latest and first road legal scooter in TGA’s line up of super convenient folders that build on the success of the Minimo and Maximo models.
It shares most of the Maximo features: A larger design offering more space comfort and capability whilst still providing the transportability you need to go where you want, when you want to. With the same simple one lever action as the Minimo, the Maximo Plus can be folded in seconds and ready for the car boot or easy storage. A fully adjustable tiller, quick release seat with adjustable swing-away armrests mean that every owner can achieve a comfortable driving position.
Comfort and stability are also provided by a specification that includes large pneumatic tyres, mono-shock rear suspension, rear anti-tip castors, a powerful 270 watt motor and high quality 70 amp lightweight lithium battery weighing just over 7lbs (3.3kgs) provides a range of up to 12.5 miles (20km) for users up to 21 stone (134kgs). When recharging is required, the battery pack can be easily removed and taken indoors, leaving Maximo packed in the boot and ready for the next trip out.
the TGA Maximo Plus won’t fit the smallest of car boots like the Minimo will, but when folded it measures just 38”(97cm) long by 24”(60cm) wide and 21.5”(55cm) high. Impressively compact and transportable for a scooter offering large scooter levels of comfort and stability.
- Higher specification, full size scooter comfort with compact folding practicality
- Folds in a single simple movement
- Tiller adjustable for height and angle
- Quick release seat with adjustable, folding armrests
- Pneumatic tyres and mono-shock suspension for all-round comfort and control
- Lightweight lithium battery weighing just 7lbs (3.3kgs)
- Range with 14.5Ah battery pack approx 20km (12.5miles)
- Front and rear high visibility, low energy LED lights
Useful Links For Scooter Users
We’d always recommend that you visit us and try a scooter before buying, or let us bring one to you for you to try. If that’s not possible, or you’re outside our service area, we have put together some buying guides that may help you choose the scooter that’s right for you.
- Our own useful overview buying guide for Mobility Scooters can be located here: Orange Badge Mobility Scooter Buying Guide
We’ve also collated some great guides and information for those that may want more in-depth information on their prospective scooters.
- RiDC Advice on which type of scooter tiller & controls may best suit your needs can be found HERE
- Advice on types of scooter and their stability, again by RiDC can be located HERE
- A guide by RiDC about travelling with your mobility scooter is found HERE
- A handy scooter guide for those clients eligible for the motability scheme can be found HERE
- The British Healthcare Trades Association has put together a great list on how to prepare your scooter for transport aboard a flight HERE