3 yr Motability contract payable every 4 weeks £111.80
A evolution of the fantastic Vecta Sport, the Vortex can carry users of up to 28 stone, has a limited slip differential to avoid wheelspin on poor ground, and a built in USB charging point to make sure your essential gadgets never get flat.
The Vortex effortlessly blends style and functionality into a capable and powerful scooter that feels smooth and stable wherever you take it. Chunky alloy wheels give it great ground clearance and the excellent angled-coilover suspension provides one of the smoothest rides in it’s class. The Rascal ‘V’ series of scooters are unique in that they have run-flat pneumatic tyres, giving the best possible ride while providing peace of mind that you’ll always get home should you get a puncture.
A modern and comfortable machine with a thoroughly stable and smooth ride.
*This product is VAT exempt if purchased to aid with a disability or chronic illness – for further details please click here*
|Length||146cm / 57 inches|
|Width||60cm / 24 inches|
|Maximum range||25 miles / 40 km|
|Maximum speed||8mph / 13kmh|
|Maximum user weight||28 stone / 180kg / 396lbs|
The Vortex has been designed by Electric Mobility as the latest unique & dynamic scooter with a host of features to take your mobility to the next level.
With exceptional legroom, an adjustable tiller and super comfortable seat it is a scooter designed for all users. The waterproof USB power output ensures your mobile phone is always charged, or alternatively provides the power for a GPS unit for the adventurous.
With a 28 stone weight carrying capacity, run flat pneumatic tyres, Max Grip limited slip differential gearbox & a high power high torque 900 Watt motor this is a scooter with the wow-factor.
The Vortex’s size makes is a great mode of transport if you are looking to replace the need for a car due to reduced mobility or favour shorter electric powered journeys.
- Type Class – C / 3
- Overall length – 146cm / 57.5″
- Overall width – 65cm / 25.6″
- Maximum carrying capacity – 180kgs / 28 stone
- Maximum speed – 12.87km/h / 8mph
- Maximum kerb height – 10cm / 4”
- Range – up to 41km / 25.5 miles
- Colour – Titanium Blue / Metallic Heather
Useful Links For Scooter Users
We’d always recommend that you visit us and try a scooter before buying, or let us bring one to you for you to try. If that’s not possible, or you’re outside our service area, we have put together some buying guides that may help you choose the scooter that’s right for you.
- Our own useful overview buying guide for Mobility Scooters can be located here: Orange Badge Mobility Scooter Buying Guide
We’ve also collated some great guides and information for those that may want more in-depth information on their prospective scooters.
- RiDC Advice on which type of scooter tiller & controls may best suit your needs can be found HERE
- Advice on types of scooter and their stability, again by RiDC can be located HERE
- A guide by RiDC about travelling with your mobility scooter is found HERE
- A handy scooter guide for those clients eligible for the motability scheme can be found HERE
- The British Healthcare Trades Association has put together a great list on how to prepare your scooter for transport aboard a flight HERE