Rascal, 388XL Mobility Scooter
3 yr Motability contract payable every 4 weeks £77.32
The narrowest 6mph scooter on the market at an amazing 21.5 inches wide means the 388XL is great for road use as well as for around the shops.
A long-standing favourite of ours, the 388XL is a solid and dependable machine that will provide many years of service. Tubular steel bumpers protect the body should it come into contact with anything, and large 11 inch pneumatic tyres combined with an exceptionally comfortable swivelling Captain’s seat give a very comfortable ride. The tiller is adjustable, and together with the large footboard provides a great amount of space for even the tallest of users.
Full road lighting together with multiple factory-fitted reflector units makes the scooter visible in all conditions as well as providing great visibility for the user.
A solid performer on both pavements and roads.
*This product is VAT exempt if purchased to aid with a disability or chronic illness – for further details please click here*
|Length||127cm / 50 inches|
|Width||56cm / 21.5 inches|
|Maximum range||20 miles / 32 km|
|Maximum speed||6mph / 9.6kmh|
|Maximum user weight||21 stone / 136kg / 300lbs|
The Rascal 388XL Deluxe 6mph mobility scooter is a well established, great value for money scooter and will suit your everyday mobility needs.
The Rascal 388XL is the perfect Class 3 scooter with 6 mph top speed, stylish 11’’ wheels, full road lighting and with its narrow chassis it combines safety with performance and manoeuvrability.
Sturdier in build and ideal for people requiring additional comfort on those slightly longer journeys – a superb scooter for days out and leisure trips.
With a comfortable high back Captain’s seat with headrest, width adjustable armrests and tiller, this scooter can be ‘adapted’ to suit the individual’s requirements.
The Rascal 388XL comes with 1 rear view mirror and a front basket as standard.
388 S and 388 Deluxe models also available.
- Type Class – C / 3
- Maximum kerb height – 5cm / 2”
- Colour – Black / Red
Useful Links For Scooter Users
We’d always recommend that you visit us and try a scooter before buying, or let us bring one to you for you to try. If that’s not possible, or you’re outside our service area, we have put together some buying guides that may help you choose the scooter that’s right for you.
- Our own useful overview buying guide for Mobility Scooters can be located here: Orange Badge Mobility Scooter Buying Guide
We’ve also collated some great guides and information for those that may want more in-depth information on their prospective scooters.
- RiDC Advice on which type of scooter tiller & controls may best suit your needs can be found HERE
- Advice on types of scooter and their stability, again by RiDC can be located HERE
- A guide by RiDC about travelling with your mobility scooter is found HERE
- A handy scooter guide for those clients eligible for the motability scheme can be found HERE
- The British Healthcare Trades Association has put together a great list on how to prepare your scooter for transport aboard a flight HERE