Drive, Tornado Mobility Scooter
An 8MPH scooter with modern styling and a host of excellent features.
The Drive Tornado provides a smooth and comfortable driving experience that belies it’s entry-level price. A sleek and modern exterior covers a chassis with sprung front suspension, large wheels with pneumatic tyres and a plush swivelling & sliding Captain’s seat.
A basic and reliable machine that makes an ideal first 8MPH road scooter.
*This product is VAT exempt if purchased to aid with a disability or chronic illness – for further details please click here*
|Length||130cm / 52 inches|
|Width||60cm / 24 inches|
|Maximum range||20 miles / 32 km|
|Maximum speed||8mph / 13kmh|
|Maximum user weight||21 stone / 133kg / 294lbs|
The Drive Tornado 8MPH Scooter offers modern styling and a whole host of excellent features. This includes front suspension and large stylish alloy wheels providing a 10cm (4″) high front ground clearance, and an ergonomic adjustable seat. The result is that the Drive Tornado provides a smooth and comfortable driving experience.
Useful Links For Scooter Users
We’d always recommend that you visit us and try a scooter before buying, or let us bring one to you for you to try. If that’s not possible, or you’re outside our service area, we have put together some buying guides that may help you choose the scooter that’s right for you.
- Our own useful overview buying guide for Mobility Scooters can be located here: Orange Badge Mobility Scooter Buying Guide
We’ve also collated some great guides and information for those that may want more in-depth information on their prospective scooters.
- RiDC Advice on which type of scooter tiller & controls may best suit your needs can be found HERE
- Advice on types of scooter and their stability, again by RiDC can be located HERE
- A guide by RiDC about travelling with your mobility scooter is found HERE
- A handy scooter guide for those clients eligible for the motability scheme can be found HERE
- The British Healthcare Trades Association has put together a great list on how to prepare your scooter for transport aboard a flight HERE